Chicago Bad Faith Litigation Lawyer
Insurance companies owe a duty of good faith to their policyholders. A violation of this duty can result in a bad faith insurance claim. If you are being hassled by your insurance company, have been wrongfully denied, or are being asked to settle for an amount far below what you need and deserve, you should consult a bad faith litigation lawyer from Childress Loucks & Plunkett.
Bad Faith Insurance Companies
Insurance companies have many obligations to their customers, including:
- Paying claims in a timely manner
- Paying the right amount owed
- Conduct a thorough investigation before denying the claim
- Complying with the terms in the insurance policy
- Considering the interests’ of the policyholder
- Provide a factual and legal reason for denying a claim
Sadly, not all insurance companies comply with these obligations, and instead favor their own interests to the detriment of the policyholder. When an insurance company fails to adhere to their duties, it may be considered a bad faith claim. The policyholder who has experienced bad faith conduct could be entitled to monetary compensation for the damages lost.
As a Chicago insurance bad faith lawyer, we are focused on helping clients safeguard their rights. If you believe you have been the victim of unlawful conduct by an insurance company that was supposed to look out for you, call Childress Loucks & Plunkett now.
Bad Faith Insurance Problems
A bad faith insurance lawyer might explain to you the many different actions that could qualify, or give rise to a bad faith dispute. These include:
- Persistent denial of a claim
- Improperly denying a claim
- Failing to provide a valid reason for denying a claim
Compensation for Bad Faith Insurance Claims
Whether you have been denied a claim or are being offered an unfair settlement, it may be a good idea to talk with a bad faith litigation lawyer. After investigating your claim and preparing a case, a lawyer might be able to recover damages for:
- Policy benefits that were wrongfully denied
- Financial distress or loss
- Emotional and mental distress
Call a Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer You Can Rely On
There are laws and rules that protect policyholders from being taken advantage of and lied to. This legislation can be very complex, which is why you should only choose to retain a bad faith insurance lawyer who understands what is at stake.
As a bad faith insurance law firm, we have been handling these cases for several years. We are prepared to stand up for you and act as a confident and knowledgeable legal advocate against large insurance companies. We may represent clients who have been denied an insurance claim involving:
- Emergency treatment
- Mental health treatment
- Life insurance
- Auto insurance
- Property damage
- Business losses
- Homeowners insurance
- Natural disasters
What are my legal options if an insurance carrier refuses to honor my claim?
If you reside in Chicago, you may benefit from the services provided by our bad faith litigation lawyer if you have encountered difficulties with an insurance claim. Insurance companies have long been known to be slow to pay out claims or deny valid claims altogether. For these and other reasons, our Chicago bad faith litigation lawyer has assisted many people recover their damages by forcing carriers to honor their obligations. This is what we refer to as bad faith litigation, and without a seasoned Chicago lawyer by your side, you may find it nearly impossible to obtain a fair settlement in a timely manner. If you would like to discuss your case with an experienced lawyer from our firm, call us at Childress, Loucks, & Plunkett today.
What are common examples of bad faith litigation?
Insurance companies often specialize by industry: healthcare, commercial liability, aviation, etc. However, what many insurance carriers share in common is their focus on maximizing profits over taking care of their customers and other claimants. Our Chicago bad faith litigation lawyer is familiar with all manner of unethical and illegal behavior by carriers who are required by law to honor valid claims by paying fair compensation. Here is an incomplete list of some of the most common examples of bad faith litigation:
- Denying an insurance claim for a reason that is invalid.
- Denying benefits to the claimant despite the fact that they are eligible to receive those benefits.
- Delaying the acceptance or denial of a submitted claim beyond a reasonable period of time.
- Offering a settlement amount that is far less than the actual amount of damages sustained by the claimant.
- Relying on the biased testimony of medical personnel or accident investors (who are paid by the insurance company) to deny a valid claim.
What is involved with bad faith litigation?
When our Chicago bad faith litigation lawyer represents a client, it is sometimes in the client’s best interest to file a lawsuit against the insurance company. This may be necessary in order to compel the company to fulfill their legal obligation to negotiate a settlement in good faith and honor a valid claim. Bad faith litigation may involve any of the following scenarios:
- An insurance policy customer alleges that the insurance company is not honoring their agreement to compensate the claimant for a valid claim.
- A U.S. government agency initiates litigation against an insurance company based on their evidence that the company has continuously acted in bad faith. The agency might be a state agency tasked to litigate companies in these matters, or it may be the Illinois Attorney General.
Will I have to go to court?
After a review of your circumstances, our Chicago bad faith litigation lawyer may have a sense of how likely it is that you’ll have to go to court against the insurance company. You may be surprised to learn that much of the time a case is settled before it even enters the courtroom. Childress, Loucks, & Plunkett and our legal team will make every effort to negotiate a settlement on your behalf and in a timely manner. Our Chicago bad faith litigation lawyer has had tremendous success resolving cases in a positive manner.
To discuss your case with our Chicago bad faith litigation lawyer, give us a call today.If you feel you have been mistreated by an insurance company, a Chicago bad faith litigation lawyer from our firm would like to speak with you. Call our office today to schedule a complimentary consultation.