Coverage Lawyer Chicago IL
Is an insurance company failing to honor their obligations? Are you being denied a claim, or being told that your injuries or property damages is not severe enough? If so, you might feel confused, upset, and unsure about what to do next. The insurance company would probably prefer that you do absolutely nothing apart, from accepting what they say. A coverage lawyer, on the other hand, might tell you to stand up for your rights, by fighting back. At Childress Loucks & Plunkett, we have been helping Chicago IL clients find solutions to unfair and complicated insurance coverage disputes since 1994. If you want to dispute a claim with your insurance company, you may have legal options. Call an insurance coverage lawyer at our firm to learn more.
Tenacious Legal Representation in Chicago IL
Insurance companies are for-profit businesses. Some of them go to exceptional lengths to protect their own interests without any remorse for the people who have paid for their coverage. Being denied with a valid claim can be devastating, especially if you have had your policy for years. The insurance coverage lawyers at our firm know how insurance companies work. When you choose us to represent you, you can feel confident in knowing that we:
- Are not afraid to fight against large insurance conglomerates
- Will not be intimidated by large legal firms working with insurance companies
- Have the necessary skills and resources to investigate a client’s case
- Understand the complex laws typically associated with these claims
- Won’t settle for anything less than what you deserve
- Are prepared to go through the entire litigation process
- Are experienced insurance coverage lawyers
If your claim has been denied or rejected, an insurance coverage lawyer from our firm wants to hear from you. If we believe you have a case, we tell you what to expect during the legal process so there are no surprises. Rest assured, our attorneys and legal staff will provide you with regular updates on your case. To speak with an attorney now, please call Childress Loucks & Plunkett today.
Common Types of Insurance Disputes
By law, an insurance company is supposed to treat their policyholders in accordance with the standard rules of good faith and fair duty. This means they are required to adhere to duties or obligations, and when they fail to do so, their actions could amount to a bad faith insurance claim. Examples of bad faith insurance might include:
- Delaying payment of a claim
- Failing to properly investigate a claim
- Inappropriately reducing the amount of a claim
- Wrongfully denying payments
- Failing to provide a reason for the denial of a claim
If an insurance company has acted in bad faith, you may be entitled to monetary compensation for damages such as:
- Financial loss or distress
- Emotional anguish
- Mental stress
- Policy benefits that were denied
Interest on the insurance benefit and punitive damages may also be available. A coverage lawyer Chicago IL trusts can determine the damages you incurred, and their worth, when you discuss your case.
At Childress Loucks & Plunkett, our Chicago IL firm is focused on resolving bad faith insurance claims and disputes. Regardless of what type of insurance claim you have been denied, you may have legal options. Call an insurance coverage lawyer from our firm to find out more.