Claims Adjuster Chicago IL
If you’re wondering how to speak with a claims adjuster Chicago Illinois, we realize what you have already been through to get to this point.
Getting in an automobile accident is stressful in and of itself, especially if it is not your fault. Your car may be damaged or totaled, you may have suffered injuries and therefore medical expenses. You took time off work because of either injuries or inconvenience with transportation. Not to mention the stress and anxiety that may accompany the accident — you can’t sleep, and perhaps you are afraid of driving.
You did all the right things at the time of the incident, traded insurance and contact information, a police report filed, you even took a few photos and jotted down all the pertinent facts as soon as you could.
Then, you are informed that the claim was denied by the other party’s insurance provider and you are wondering what to do next.
Their insurance company may be guilty of acting in bad faith if they legitimately had no reason to deny your claim. An experienced insurance lawyer Chicago IL can explain your options to deal with a claims adjuster Chicago IL.
Reasons the Insurance Company May Have Denied Your Claim
There could be many reasons the claims adjuster Chicago IL provider to refuse to pay the claim. The main reasons for denial are usually:
- The insurance adjuster for the at-fault party’s insurance provider does not think your claim has merit
- The insurance provider does not think you will further pursue the claim
- If there was not a police report, the claims adjuster Chicago IL may look to witnesses or choose to believe their client’s story of how the incident occurred
The insurance provider may also deny the claim because of any of the following reasons:
- The at-fault party neglected to pay their premiums and therefore had no insurance at the time of the accident. Depending on the state you live in, you may have to turn to uninsured motorist coverage to recover any damages
- There is a time limit on most policies stating the accident must be reported to the insurance company as soon as possible or claims could be denied.
- The accident was caused by an ‘act of God’ and not the negligence of the other driver.
What can you do if a claims adjuster Chicago IL denies your claim? Contact an attorney to discuss your next steps to determine if the insurance company is acting in bad faith or may just need a nudge with an official letter from an attorney.
Filing a Formal Claim
Your attorney will likely send a demand letter to the insurance provider asking for compensation and detailing your version of the incident and the amount of damage to both your vehicle and medical expenses you inflicted as a result of the accident. The insurance provider will be asked to give a specific reason the claim was denied, or they may change their decision.
If your attorney believes the insurance provider may be acting in bath faith, he may file another claim and detail the reasons in claim correspondence. The bad faith litigation attorneys at Childress Loucks & Plunkett can meet with you to discuss the best strategies for dealing with the insurance providers, working for you to get the compensation you deserve.